Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Blog

Well, here it is:  January 2011.  Who would have thought another year could come and go so fast?  It seems as though the past year whizzed by in a blur without so much as a "thanks for letting me stop by, it's been fun". 

As the new year has undoubtedly sneaked up on me, as I'm sure it has the rest of you, I decided to go outside of my comfort zone.  Most know that I love to write.  I have a family blog that is my outlet of stress, frustration, and sometimes really "funny" stories.  I am not one of these people that God equipped with many talents.  God must not have been handing out a lot of talents the day he created me.    I'm not artistic, I can't carry a tune in a bucket, I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, I don't play any musical instruments, and I certainly got the short end of the stick when it came to good looks.  However, writing is my forte.  I've always used it as an outlet from as early as I can remember.  I realized I had a lot more people than I ever thought that read my family blog.  It's fun to hear some reactions from people and some encouragement from some after they read about a bad day or a bad experience I've had, or when I just plain want to sell my kids on EBay.  But sharing a blog with others on a subject matter like RELIGION (which I am no scholar!) is going outside of my comfort zone.

Anyway, my point in saying all that is this:  I had been praying on and off that my blog or my love of writing could be used as a tool for Christ.  It's fun to make humor out of my kid's throwing a tantrum in the middle of Wal-Mart, or finding something positive in a less-than humorous situation--But then it occurred to me, and I reckon it didn't really "occur" to me so much as God was nudging me about doing something like a blog for our Sunday School class(es).  I have seen other Sunday School classes do this in growing churches and I felt like it was a great idea.  It would be nice to have our own site that we could visit and make comments, and even have some of you other class members write entries whenever you feel lead.

Unlike my "Miller's Blog", this one is not all about me.  I asked Adam and Mrs. Sharon's permission to do this, and they both agreed that it would be a neat idea for our class(es).  I want this to be all about US and our fellowship with one another as we all continue to grow in our relationships with each other, and more importantly with Christ.  Feel free to leave comments, share prayer requests, and anytime you ever feel lead to write something you would like to share as a blog post, email it to me and I will be glad to put it up on this blog as an entry.  With that being said, I will officially begin my "real entry" below:

No comments:

Post a Comment